Magic is afoot in the Land of Oz. ESW introduces this stunning piece in our "Dismembered Enchantment" Collection. A regal golden carriage that is as bewitching as it is beautiful.
Inspired by one of ESW'z childhood favorite movies, "Return to Oz" our tableau captures the princess Ozma in her gilded carriage, the original ruler of Oz and savior all that is mad.
Made of authentic Antique German bisque, the standing figure features a rare carved Ocean Jasper skull that shows the beauty below the flesh. This quartz is spotted with minute aggregates of crystals that form a "bulls eye" pattern, which was then polished to a lustrous finish. The skull itself was cracked (talk about a head-case) which allows the finer details inside the quartz to come forward.
The carriage-shaped real antique Ormolu jewelry case has been fitted to serve as a way to keep heads rolling in Oz. It features oval beveled glass on all sides, with an insert of ornate gold-tone filigree and complete with the original antique golden yellow velvet pillow inside. Its four wheels do remain stationary and the lid is hinged for easy access.
Inside the carriage is Ozma, or what remains of her after the wicked witch removed her body and made getting around a bit of a challenge. She is also made of authentic antique German bisque and is permanently attached to the interior of the carriage. Impeccably detailed, with red glittered lips and sparkling tears she has reason to cry for her circumstances, but not for her rare collector's transport.
- Figurine measures approx.: 6"H x 2"W x 3"L
- Carriage measures approx.: 6.5"W x 3.5"L x 4"H
- Mombi is made of authentic antique German bisque with a unique fractured Ocean Jasper skull permanently attached. Figure has "Made in Japan" stamped on back.
- Antique collectible Ormolu metal jewelry case features opening top with four immovable wheels.
- Ormolu case comes with its ORIGINAL antique velvet yellow pillow.
- Another authentic antique German bisque doll head is attached to pillow.
- Antique doll head has been embellished with glitter accents and has vintage lace around the neck.
- Gift wrap included.
Return to Oz is the story of Dorothy 6 months after her first adventure to the Emerald City. She's spent months battling insomnia while telling stories of a magical place. Aunt Em sends her to a psychiatric clinic where the doctor turns out to be sinister. During a terrible thunderstorm, she manages to escape with a mysterious girl (Ozma), who helps bring her back to the Land of Oz. However, instead of Toto, Dorothy arrives with her chicken, Billina. They find Oz in a state of ruin, after the Evil Vain Witch and the Nome King trap *Ozma* in a mirror and destroy everything that makes the land magical.
"They're dreadfully fond of beheading people here; the great wonder is, that there's anyone left alive!" - Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass.