From ESW's "Mad Scientifical Chemistry" Collection is this Special Science Beaker that contains ONE of the DEADLIEST CREATURES IN the world… A baby Portuguese MAN O' WAR JELLYFISH!
The Man O' War JellyFish (also known as Physalia) is part of a complex hydrozoan colony and features a hat-like float and tentacle. Its venomous tentacles can deliver a powerful sting. The name "Man O' War" is taken from the man-of-war, a 16th century English armed sailing ship that was based on an earlier Portuguese vessel. Despite its outward appearance, the man o' war is not a true jellyfish… it's actually a siphonophore, which differs from the jellyfish in that it is not actually a single creature, but a colonial organism!
This Man O' War is a mature wise one, as its shades of beautiful purple colors were starting to develop. This jellyfish has seen the world and is now it's ready to retire in someone's home.
- Beaker is 250ml and measures approx: 6.5"H
- The round bottom "boiling flask" beaker is filled with a safer, less toxic form of Formaldehyde, which keeps this lil killer well preserved inside.
- The beaker has been sealed with a glued cork for extra protection.
- When displayed in bright light, this beautiful specimen bottle reflects deadly magic around the room!
- Toxic venom has been removed from preserved specimen so it cannot actually sting.
EarthSeaWarrior greatly values wildlife and sealife and would never intentionally harm a living creature for the purpose of our creations. Our "real" specimens come from different sources that have ethically collected the animal after it died and sold it as a means to recycle what is left behind.